Change Better. We support companies to structurally improve their business…
Amid the second wave of COVID-19 multiple companies across the globe are struggling to survive. What is your game plan given the current situation? Manage your liquidity position on a regular basis and secure sufficient funding. Based on our experience, we share a structured approach to successfully raise capital.
1) Start now – it will take a while and its harder than you think.
2) Analyse – be (over)prepared. Update your in-depth business plan with strategic roadmap. Take the investors point of view. Sell the bigger picture and be crisp, clear and precise.
3) Structure – build a comprehensive financial model, determine the optimal capital structure (debt versus equity instruments) and prepare an information memorandum, with one pager teaser.
4) Approach – draft and validate an indicative term sheet. Prepare a (short/ long) list of capital. providers (driven by time horizon, sector focus and investment criteria), create a strategic capital raising plan, make capital providers compete and organize management presentations.
5) Negotiate & Due Diligence – review and negotiate documentation, receive commitment and start the due diligence process.
6) Close the deal – sign documentation.
…with our head in the sky and feet in the mud